Forum
The Prayer Chain Wiki - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://theprayerchain.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Music (http://theprayerchain.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Prayer Chain (http://theprayerchain.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Prayer Chain Wiki (/showthread.php?tid=4)

The Prayer Chain Wiki - Religious Burp - 01-15-2018

For those who haven't discovered it yet, you  can discover more about The Prayer Chain at The Prayer Chain's Wiki page. There are articles on all of the songs, albums & band members.

It's different to the wikipedia article on the band, and much more expansive. (It was hard to add content there due to a particularly difficult Wikipedia editor who doesn't like the band.)

RE: The Prayer Chain Wiki - MontagFourFiftyOne - 01-17-2018

(01-15-2018, 09:21 PM)Religious Burp Wrote: For those who haven't discovered it yet, you  can discover more about The Prayer Chain at The Prayer Chain's Wiki page. There are articles on all of the songs, albums & band members.

It's different to the wikipedia article on the band, and much more expansive. (It was hard to add content there due to a particularly difficult Wikipedia editor who doesn't like the band.)

Why don't they like the band? I don't know a ton about actually contributing to Wikipedia,  but isn't it frowned upon to censor/limit material based on personal views?

RE: The Prayer Chain Wiki - Religious Burp - 01-17-2018

You are 100% right. But it gets to a point where you get bored of indulging people's pettiness and giving them an excuse to ego-trip, even when you are in the right. Was just easier to start The Prayer Chain wiki.

Plus, I was able to put up more than I could put on wikipedia, because I was using sources that wouldn't have been acceptable on wikipedia, such as old interviews that I'd printed off but couldn't exactly pinpoint where they are from, or from personal interactions with the band.

RE: The Prayer Chain Wiki - Alan Parish (drenchedecent) - 01-18-2018

(01-15-2018, 09:21 PM)Religious Burp Wrote: For those who haven't discovered it yet, you  can discover more about The Prayer Chain at The Prayer Chain's Wiki page. There are articles on all of the songs, albums & band members.

Incredible job on this! I have referenced it numerous times over the last few weeks.
Have you thought about adding all the old tour dates? I'd be willing to help start digging them up.

RE: The Prayer Chain Wiki - Religious Burp - 01-18-2018

(01-18-2018, 06:20 AM)Alan Parish (drenchedecent) Wrote: Incredible job on this! I have referenced it numerous times over the last few weeks.
Have you thought about adding all the old tour dates? I'd be willing to help start digging them up.

Thanks Alan. Are you referencing them for another article you are writing or just for interest? Hopefully I'll have more to add after the Shawl listening party. Are you coming to that?

As for old tour dates, feel free to add them. Or I can add them if you can source the info. I'm not sure where to get that information. (I only started getting into the band as they broke up, and I live overseas.) I was tempted to add a page with all the post break-up reunions as I think I could nail that down.

RE: The Prayer Chain Wiki - Alan Parish (drenchedecent) - 01-19-2018

(01-18-2018, 02:17 PM)Religious Burp Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 06:20 AM)Alan Parish (drenchedecent) Wrote: Incredible job on this! I have referenced it numerous times over the last few weeks.

Thanks Alan. Are you referencing them for another article you are writing or just for interest? Hopefully I'll have more to add after the Shawl listening party. Are you coming to that?

As for old tour dates, feel free to add them. Or I can add them if you can source the info. I'm not sure where to get that information. (I only started getting into the band as they broke up, and I live overseas.) I was tempted to add a page with all the post break-up reunions as I think I could nail that down.

Mainly just reading the Wiki out of curiosity. I did just write up a blog post on the band though, will post link soon.

As far as tour dates, I bet you can find tons of them in the rec.music.christian group on Google. That archive is ridiculous. A couple years ago I created a spreadsheet which I think contains all or most of the Sixpence shows from 1992-1997, and that group was where I found most of them. Then archive.org is also helpful, although I don't think the Prayer Chain had a website before they broke up?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.music.christian/%22the$20prayer$20chain%22$20concert%7Csort:date/rec.music.christian/3TDIY6Gm-Q8/Eu7RiXJTDGUJ